Earn 200 Reward Points When You Create an Account
Retinol-like, 100% natural, anti-aging & anti-blemished skin compound extracted from the edible seeds of the Psoralea Corylifolia plant, a herb that is widely used in Indian as well as in Chinese medicine. Despite having no structural resemblance to retinol, Bakuchiol was found to have retinol functionality through retinol-like regulation of gene expression. > 99% purity. Molecular weight 256.38g/mol. Specific gravity <1.0.
- Effective active agent against blemished and impure skin.
- Balances natural regulation of sebum production.
- Bakuchiol has anti-aging and anti-wrinkle properties by having retinol-like activities. Bakuchiol has been clinically demonstrated to reduce hyperpigmentation and wrinkles as efficiently as retinol.
- In in-vitro studies Bakuchiol has been found to stimulate collagen production and maintain the high level of elastin.
- Bakuchiol has excellent photochemical and hydrolytic stability and acts as stabilizer of retinol under photo-oxidative environment.
- In-vitro, Bakuchiol has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal activity.
Add to the oil phase of emulsions. Do not heat to more than 50°C (122°F). Typical use level: 0.25 to 1%. Addition of a small amount of a chelating agent (e.g. 0.05% EDTA) is helpful in overcoming coloration issue due to the presence of iron or copper. pH of final product should be < 6.0. For external use only.
Anti-blemish skin products, face creams, lotions, anti-aging & anti-wrinkle products.
Light yellow to brown viscous liquid.
Water-insoluble. Soluble in alcohol, DMSO, plant oils, triglyceride, silicone oils, and a wide-range of hydrophobic emollients.
Store at room temperature
Country of Origin
Raw Material Source
Edible seeds of the Psoralea Corylifolia plant
Bakuchiol is extracted and purified from the seeds of the Psoralea corylifolia plant.
Not animal tested
Does not contain animal-derived components
You might also like